Package Details: librespot-git 1:363.8971d3a-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/librespot-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: librespot-git
Description: An open source client library for Spotify.
Upstream URL: https://github.com/plietar/librespot
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: librespot
Provides: librespot
Submitter: christoph.gysin
Maintainer: christoph.gysin
Last Packager: christoph.gysin
Votes: 4
Popularity: 0.032174
First Submitted: 2016-09-05 20:30
Last Updated: 2017-12-05 19:27

Latest Comments

christoph.gysin commented on 2017-12-05 19:27

@DonJaime Updated, thanks!

DonJaime commented on 2017-12-05 08:31

Successfully compiled on Raspberry Pi B (even if it did take all night). So you could add armv6h to the architectures.

christoph.gysin commented on 2017-10-21 12:20

Unfortunately, adding the pulseaudio backend makes pulseaudio a runtime dependency. It would be nice if backends could be loaded at runtime, then pulseaudio would only be a build dependency, and an optional runtime depedency.

GermanG commented on 2017-10-19 07:02

@christoph.gysin

There's no problem using alsa mainly because there's a pulseaudio-alsa package for it. Having said that, I also don't see any problem having pulseaudio enabled in librespot since it won't mean any difference in the default behavior and it'll be convenient for pulseaudio users (like myself).

Regards.

EDIT: I see your point about non pulseaudio users needing to install the packages just to satisfy a build dependency. Sorry for the noise.
EDIT #2: @Horus: you need to edit the features line in the PKBUILD to look like the following: --features "alsa-backend pulseaudio-backend" \

christoph.gysin commented on 2017-10-14 15:44

@sekret: Thanks, added the license and removed protobuf dependency.

@Horus: Some people don't use pulseaudio. Is there any disadvantage in using alsa?

Horus commented on 2017-10-11 06:53

I would prefer using the pulseaudio backend. Is there a problem to compile it to have it as runtime option? Or is pulseaudio too much of a dedepency. I think in almost all Arch system it is installed anyways.

sekret commented on 2017-10-08 21:05

Sorry for the late reply. I just built the now current version 1:363.8971d3a-1 and it worked fine, looks like this was fixed upstream.

So thanks for the updates in the PKGBUILD. Just so you know, here's the output of namcap:

Checking librespot-git-1:363.8971d3a-1-x86_64.pkg.tar
librespot-git E: Missing custom license directory (usr/share/licenses/librespot-git)
librespot-git W: Unused shared library '/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0' by file ('usr/bin/librespot')
librespot-git W: Unused shared library '/usr/lib/libogg.so.0' by file ('usr/bin/librespot')
librespot-git W: Unused shared library '/usr/lib/libm.so.6' by file ('usr/bin/librespot')
librespot-git W: Dependency included and not needed ('protobuf')

The custom license should be provided with
install -Dm644 LICENSE "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE"

I just tried it, the protobuf dependency really isn't required. Maybe it's just a make-dependency?

The other warnings can be ignored I guess.

christoph.gysin commented on 2017-10-01 18:48

It seems that indeed, the latest version is currently broken in upstream master. Also --holdver does not seem to work (or I don't understand how it is supposed to be used).

@sekret Could you please open an issue upstream?

christoph.gysin commented on 2017-10-01 18:39

Since this is a -git package, the version it builds is always changing. What git revision were you using? Does it compile if you build against the version in the PKGBUILD (ddfc28f), buy using makepkg --holdver?

sekret commented on 2017-10-01 17:33

I just tried to compile your latest version on my x86_64 laptop. Unfortunately it doesn't run though, it aborts with this message:

[...]
Compiling rand v0.3.16
error: failed to run custom build command for `librespot-protocol v0.1.0 (file:///build/librespot-git/src/librespot/protocol)`
process didn't exit successfully: `/build/librespot-git/src/librespot/target/release/build/librespot-protocol-392493ad54b8928e/build-script-build` (exit code: 101)
--- stderr
thread 'main' panicked at 'Checksum for "proto/metadata.proto" does not match. Try running build.sh', protocol/build.rs:10:12
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

warning: build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...
error: build failed
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...


I'll try to investigate, but maybe you already have an idea. Smells like a missing dependency to me. I build in a clean chroot, so I really only have the dependencies provided in the package + base + base-devel

All comments